Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Importance Of Coupon Strategies

I am making my third coupon trip this Sunday. Harris Teeter is having a Super Doubles week and I am going to try my hand at the sales since my usual store Bi-Lo is on a slow sales week. I do have 4 catalinas that have to be used this week at Bi-Lo or they expire and since Harris Teeter is know for higher priced produce in my area I will be saving by shopping at Bi-Lo for those items.

Ok, so here is the deal at HT. Super Doubles Week is where you can double any coupon that is 1.98 or less. So this means if you have a coupon that is 1.50 off it will double to 3.00. Awesome right? HT's coupon policy makes this a bit difficult to get all that I want however. First, they only accept one coupon for B1G1 offers. B1G1 does present itself half price at checkout so you can get around this with separating transactions. Second, there is a 3 like coupon limit. So say you want to buy 9 like items with 9 coupons you will need to separate it into 3 transactions. Third, internet coupons have a stricter limit to only 2 like items purchased in one transaction. Finally, You can only use 20 double coupons per card per day! So that means if all your items that you wish to purchase need to have double coupons then you are limited to only 20 for that day. You can go back the next day if you live close enough but with the price of gas this still may not be much of a money saver. I would suggest taking someone with you that is willing to let you use their VIC card and 20 double coupon limit for that day. This maybe difficult to find but hopefully you can trade out days and help them out the next day. Just remember to carpool.

My Harris Teeter is literally 25 miles away but with all that I'll be saving it will actually be worth the time and effort. This trip is strictly a coupon trip and I have carefully laid out my plan and I hope they are not out of anything cause there is no use in getting a raincheck seeing how as I'm only going to shop there during double coupon weeks. I have a total of 26 coupons that I hope to use but I have yet to find anyone that can go with me seeing how as this grocer is normally out of range so not many have VIC Cards and those that shop like I do have their own 20 coupon plan going. I plan on using two VIC cards if I can't find anyone to go with. I know coupon fraud is bad and that is something I will never do knowingly since I'm a moral person but I'm not sure if it is unethical to use two loyalty cards as long as there is no stealing nor fraud. The card that I currently hold belongs to my mother's household and the card I plan on applying for will be for my own household. So I'm not frauding the system. It's just my luck my mother gave me her spare VIC card when I lived in her household. I'm still kind of unsure if I can do that though. I really want to try it out on two transaction that I have to make anyway cause I have B1G1 items that have to be separated anyway.

So there is my dilemma and I hope you might have learned a little bit about actually paying attention to the coupon policy and how to work around it for maximum savings. I look forward to your feed back!

No comments:

Post a Comment